Orange County Animal Services is always welcoming new team members to its booming volunteer program! The program is best suited to individuals who enjoy interacting with both people and pets.
Volunteers are key in uniting homeless shelter pets with loving families, which is both exciting and rewarding.
There is a volunteer role for every person as there is always life-saving work to be accomplished. Volunteer opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Showing available dogs and cats to prospective adopters
- Photographing shelter pets
- Greeting visitors in the front lobby
- Bathing shelter pets
- Assisting clinic and kennel staff
- Attending events to represent the shelter
Due to the need for well-trained and motivated volunteers, Animal Services requires interested people make a commitment to volunteer at least six hours per month for a minimum of six months.